Category Archives: men
Nothing limits our ability to love and be loved, and to find joy and fulfillment more than the beliefs that disconnect us from our hearts. And, nowhere do these beliefs cause more limitations than in our sex lives. Read the rest of this entry
My friends and I would go to a bar and get some drinks and maybe a buddy would “drink up” the courage to talk to a girl. If she rejected him we automatically labeled her a bitch. But if she stayed and conversed for a while, and if she started dancing with him, we labeled her a slut.
I honestly did not realize how horrible my thinking was until we started talking about these issues in class.
Women have mixed feelings about nearly-naked Cindy Crawford.
There is appreciation: “Attractive… sexy… love her!”
But also animosity (“F-ING ANNOYING” anyone?). And she makes a lot of women — nearly half — feel bad about their bodies.
Straight men, on the other hand, felt (no surprise) mostly pleasure.
But not all of them. Read the rest of this entry
If you’re straight, at some point you realize that,
The opposite sex has enormous power over you. They can break your heart, control your actions, completely dominate your thoughts, and (let’s be honest) basically turn off your brain.
So says Noah Brand.
He makes me think of guys who have complained on my blog that women don’t find men attractive. And they yearn to weld the same magnetic power over women that women have over them. Read the rest of this entry
An abusive man often takes his victim on a whirlwind ride of a relationship. He’s in a rush to make her fall in love so that he can begin the abuse sooner rather than later. And, she gets so attached that it is hard to leave. Read the rest of this entry
They say “men are visual” but women are not.
After all, the “women’s magazine,” Playgirl went bankrupt even as sales for “men’s magazines” like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, Barely Legal… were through the roof.
And men are much more likely to watch Internet porn.
Yet when it comes to visual stimulation and casual sex there is an irony, says one of my readers, Jean Claund: Read the rest of this entry
Brock Turner and Omar Mateen both share a domination mindset.
- Men dominate women
- Turner raped a female acquaintance. Because men have a right to control women’s bodies
- Research ties rape to a belief in male superiority and entitlement
- Turner has promised to fight “promiscuity,” which really means “promiscuous women.” People don’t worry much about “promiscuous men.”
Some wonder: Is Omar Mateen, who massacred gay men at a nightclub, a homophobic homosexual (too unhappy to be gay)?
I recently posted on a study showing that straight men who aren’t homophobic don’t get too aroused by gay porn. Read the rest of this entry
- Dartmouth frat names and demeans women the brothers had sex with
- Duke’s Alpha Delta Phi and Sigma Nu issue Halloween invitation to sorority “sluts, bitches, witches” — sprinkling the overture with supplementary disparagements
- Yale’s Delta Kappa Epsilon chanted, “No means yes! Yes means anal!” around the women’s dorms
- San Diego State frat boys screamed obscenities, threw eggs, and waved dildos at “Take Back the Night” marchers
Smells like insecurity Read the rest of this entry