A girl, age twelve or thirteen, posts a video on YouTube, asking:
I just wanted to make a random video seeing if I was like, ugly or not? Because a lot of people call me ugly and I think I am ugly … and fat. People say I’m ugly. So … tell me — am I?
An abusive man often takes his victim on a whirlwind ride of a relationship. He’s in a rush to make her fall in love so that he can begin the abuse sooner rather than later. And, she gets so attached that it is hard to leave. Read the rest of this entry
They say “men are visual” but women are not.
After all, the “women’s magazine,” Playgirl went bankrupt even as sales for “men’s magazines” like Playboy, Penthouse, Hustler, Barely Legal… were through the roof.
And men are much more likely to watch Internet porn.
Yet when it comes to visual stimulation and casual sex there is an irony, says one of my readers, Jean Claund: Read the rest of this entry
Mamma, don’t let your daughters grow up to marry gay cowboys.
That’s from a headline I once saw.
You could reverse that:
Mamma, don’t let your gay sons grow up to marry girls.
I get that. Because some of my friends have tried it. Except for the cowboy part. Read the rest of this entry
Brock Turner and Omar Mateen both share a domination mindset.
- Men dominate women
- Turner raped a female acquaintance. Because men have a right to control women’s bodies
- Research ties rape to a belief in male superiority and entitlement
- Turner has promised to fight “promiscuity,” which really means “promiscuous women.” People don’t worry much about “promiscuous men.”
All my life sexuality has been like a joke I don’t understand.
I am asexual but demi-romantic.
That means I have no desire for sex but I do feel romantic attraction to people I form a bond with. Read the rest of this entry
Some wonder: Is Omar Mateen, who massacred gay men at a nightclub, a homophobic homosexual (too unhappy to be gay)?
I recently posted on a study showing that straight men who aren’t homophobic don’t get too aroused by gay porn. Read the rest of this entry
- Dartmouth frat names and demeans women the brothers had sex with
- Duke’s Alpha Delta Phi and Sigma Nu issue Halloween invitation to sorority “sluts, bitches, witches” — sprinkling the overture with supplementary disparagements
- Yale’s Delta Kappa Epsilon chanted, “No means yes! Yes means anal!” around the women’s dorms
- San Diego State frat boys screamed obscenities, threw eggs, and waved dildos at “Take Back the Night” marchers
Smells like insecurity Read the rest of this entry
I’m living out in LA
I drive a sports car just to prove
I’m a real big baller’
Cause I made a million dollars
And I spend it on girls and shoes
But you don’t wanna be high like me
Never really knowing why like me
You don’t ever wanna step off that roller coaster
And be all alone
Those lyrics are from “I took a pill in Ibiza” by Mike Posner.
“I seem to have it all,” he says. Read the rest of this entry