Unless You’re Privileged, Trump Spells Disaster
Even as Trump says he wants to help the working class:
- He says US wages are too high
- He’s failed to pay small businesses who did work for him — bankrupting a few
- The fraudulent Trump University bilked many out of their savings
- He opened a modeling agency and hired illegal foreign women, then took all of their earnings — following the pimp model of doing business
- He takes from charities and gives to himself
- He wants less Wall Street regulation — meaning Main Street will likely bail them out again
Republican policy often hurts the working class
One reason why so many Republicans are angry with their governing elite is that their policies so often hurt the working-class:
- Stop workers from organizing and bargaining for better wages
- Take Medicare away from millions
- Cut and privatize Social Security
- Tax cuts and loopholes for the rich — supported by ending Medicare and Social Security
Trump has benefitted from some of this, like low wages and tax cuts and loopholes. Would he really dismantle it? One of the few policies he’s promoted is tax cuts for the rich — i.e., for himself.
Trump — a great businessman — will help the economy?
Some plan to vote for Trump because they think a businessman will be better at handling the economy.
But he made a lot of money by defrauding and shortchanging the little guy. Defrauding and shortchanging average Americans won’t help!
Bankruptcy — his MO — would lead to skyrocketing interest rates as countries no longer trust the US dollar as a safe investment. That would increase our debt.
The only modern President who was successful at business before entering the White House was Herbert Hoover. But handling a business and handling an economy are two different things.
The Great Depression came along and he had no idea how to get out of it.
Posted on September 16, 2016, in politics/class inequality and tagged # Donald Trump disaster for US, Bad businessman, bad for economy, Disaster for US, Donald Trump. Bookmark the permalink. 14 Comments.