Defund Planned Parenthood to save lives?
That’s what folks — perpetually intent on promoting unplanned parenthood — claim. Because 3% of the services PP provided last year were abortion-related (but not government-funded). And some folks trust hoaxes staged to make PP look bad.
Yet the anti-PP folks don’t really care about saving lives.
Pro-lifers Against Saving Lives Read the rest of this entry
Poor moms face no-win situations where conservatives are concerned.
Moms shouldn’t work outside the home, because kids need them every second.
But POOR moms SHOULD work outside the home.
Which leads to another double-blind:
Poor moms must work outside the home, even when they can’t afford childcare. Read the rest of this entry
Republicans deny waging war on women.
Well, how about the list below, which includes cuts to life-saving programs that mostly affect women.
Too many Republican legislators have:
- Voted against equal pay for women
- Sought to make miscarriage subject to criminal investigation
- Sought to make women’s health insurance cost more than men’s
- Cut funds to women’s clinics that screen for STDs and cancer of the breast and cervix
- Insisted corporations should have more rights than women, when it comes to contraception. Even though it is women’s bodily and financial well-being that are at stake
- Insisted that women seeking abortion undergo a vaginal probe — mirroring sexual assault
- Refused to consider rape or incest, or a women’s health or life, when legislating against abortion
- Said stupid stuff about rape, like insisting that it can’t cause pregnancy
Oddly, that’s a recent GOP argument against the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. Obamacare, which says insurance companies can’t charge women more than men.
It’s left extremist men complaining, “No babies will ever pop out between my legs, so why should I have to pay for someone else’s pregnancy?”
After all, men have nothing to do with getting women pregnant. Right?
Next, they’ll be whining that babies should have to pay for their own care!
Yet babies don’t ask to be born. Read the rest of this entry