Republicans deny waging war on women.
Well, how about the list below, which includes cuts to life-saving programs that mostly affect women.
Too many Republican legislators have:
- Voted against equal pay for women
- Sought to make miscarriage subject to criminal investigation
- Sought to make women’s health insurance cost more than men’s
- Cut funds to women’s clinics that screen for STDs and cancer of the breast and cervix
- Insisted corporations should have more rights than women, when it comes to contraception. Even though it is women’s bodily and financial well-being that are at stake
- Insisted that women seeking abortion undergo a vaginal probe — mirroring sexual assault
- Refused to consider rape or incest, or a women’s health or life, when legislating against abortion
- Said stupid stuff about rape, like insisting that it can’t cause pregnancy