“She’s a witch!”
The accusation once moved the masses to mindless fury.
I’d thought we’d outgrown that. Guess not.
It’s not hard to imagine the same folks who shout “Lock her up!” today yelling “Burn her!” a few centuries ago. Read the rest of this entry
I am a Hillary Clinton supporter and very excited to vote with my grandmother, who is 93. Just 3 years before she was born the US granted women the right to vote. She is also excited to vote for the first female president and is delighted with how far our world has come.
That’s from Maddy, one of my students.
Hillary Clinton may not have broken the Presidential glass ceiling, but she did make history. Read the rest of this entry
When people hate on Hillary I ask why.
The complaints are often curious:
- “She doesn’t care about people of color.” Yet she has fought for school desegregation as well as universal health care and other paths to social and economic empowerment that benefit people of color.
- “She lies.” Compared to most politicians, she hardly ever does.
- “Scandals follow her.” The accusations are almost entirely made up.
- “She attacked Latin America.” She did?
- “I don’t know why. I just don’t like her.”