Wonderful Life or Pottersville? You Choose
While indulging my yearly Yuletide ritual — enjoying “It’s A Wonderful Life” — something odd happened:
Mr. Potter’s face morphed into an amalgam of Charles and David Koch.
The Koch brothers are prone to giving huge campaign contributions in return for dismantling the government. AKA legal bribery.
Instead of the community coming together for the good of all, the billionaire Koch Brothers only want to increase their wealth. (Like they need more money!)
At the expense of the rest of us.
And then America will be more like Pottersville than a wonderful life.
To increase their profits and lower their taxes The Kochs seek to:
- End Social Security — increasing elderly poverty
- End Medicare — increasing elderly sickness and death
- No job creation or training from government — fewer good paying jobs for the rest of us
- Lower wages: Union bust, and no guaranteed living wage for working people
- No financial regulation: expect runs on the bank, and “Mr. Potters” exploiting our fears
- No food and drug regulation — leaving more people sick or dying
- No safety regulation. Expect broken elevators, or becoming crippled from unsafe work areas in the factory or in your cubicle…
- No environmental regulation. We’ll have to wear masks, our kids won’t be playing outside, our water won’t be safe to drink, and goodbye water sports.
- We’ll suffer more extreme weather: more drought, flooding of coastal areas, hurricanes, tornadoes… but the rich can afford to escape the effects of climate change
- No public education — the better to manipulate the rest of us into voting against our own interests.
The rich must get richer!
At our expense.