If Not Hillary, Who? A Libertarian?
If not Hillary, who?
Some pledge to vote Libertarian. Odd. Libertarians are nearly the opposite of progressives.
Libertarians typically believe government should be involved only in defense, police and the courts.
- No environmental regulation
- No public schools, community colleges, state colleges or universities
- No financial aid for college
- No Social Security
- No Medicare
- No Affordable Care (universal healthcare)
- No legislating civil rights or women’s rights
Progressives believe in all of those things.
Libertarians also believe that the more equality you have the more liberty you lose.
But that is only true for the privileged. As women, minorities, and the poor gain equality, they also gain in liberty.
Voting libertarian retains power for the powerful.
There are other choices, though, right?
You can vote Green. But that risks moving the country right — the opposite direction from what progressives want. More on that later.