I generally find comment policies annoying, but since I’ve been asked about them, here’s mine, annoying or not.
Comments I don’t post:
- Rude, mean, snarky, nonsense, trolls. Hurtful, whether intended or not
- Having little or nothing to do with the post
- Too long or repetitive. Maybe you need your own blog.
- Can’t figure out that a sentence or title like, “the world is flat” doesn’t literally mean that.
- Otherwise, I rarely approve comments the second they come in. Approval may take 24 hours or more if it’s the weekend or I’m on vacation or very busy